Tandoori Whole Fish
Tandoori Grilled Whole fish with selected Indian spices
- Prepare a special ginger-garlic paste. To begin with wash and clean the fish. Next, make a fine paste with half of the vegetable oil, garlic, coriander, ginger, red chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala, lime juice and zest, and salt.
- Make gram flour paste. Heat the oil in a pan and add the gram flour, stir to make a paste, and cook for about a minute till fragrant and lightly coloured.
- Add spice paste, yoghurt & marination ingredients. Add the mixture to the spice paste and combine with the yoghurt. Mix well all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Marinate the fish cubes & preheat the oven. Gently rub the marinade over the fish pieces and marinate for an hour. Preheat the oven to 200 degree Celsius and spread out the marinated fish in a baking dish.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Bake the tandoori fish for 10-15 minutes on the top rack turning the fish pieces once. Baste the fish pieces once or twice during cooking with butter.
- Serve hot with chutney or sauce.